Follow-up for out of town surgery

I'm Getting a Tummy Tuck in Miami FL I Live in Jacksonville Fl. Is it possible for me to see on of the Plastic Surgeons in town for my Follow-up???

Follow up for out of town surgery

+1
All follow up with acute healing and recovery should be with the surgeon who performs your surgery. If this is not possible for you, then consider having it performed by someone in your area who is also well qualified. After a tummy tuck I require my patients be in town at least 10 days post operatively. By this time any drains placed would likely be removed and all sutures would be removed. Also, if you travel too early the risk of a deep venous thrombosis will increase.

Sarasota Plastic Surgeon

Out of town follow up

+1
This can be difficult for the surgeon who did not perform the surgery as they will not have the details necessary to know exactly what was done during the procedure.  An operative report may help, but still won't provide sometimes necessary details in your follow up treatment.  

Mennen T. Gallas, MD
Katy Plastic Surgeon

Follow up care

+1
I would suggest you discuss this with the surgeon that is performing the procedure. Have that office try to set up things for you.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon