Leg Pains After Tummy Tuck With Lipo - Is This Normal?

Iv had a TT with lipo to my hips 6 months ago and it dosent look as flat as it did a few weeks ago and i havent put on weight sa iv lost 10 pounds and ever since iv had it don my uper leg pains me like its brused in side of it is it normal.

Leg pain after surgery should be taken seriously

+1

Although the pain you are experiencing likely does not have to do with your tummy tuck operation, do not dismiss it. You should be evaluated by your physician to be certain that you have not developed a late DVT.

Leg pain after tummy tuck/lipo

+1

You leg pain is most likely unrelated to the 6 months old tummy tuck but it could be something serious like a blood clot, so do seek medical attention soon.

Antoine A. Hallak, MD, FACS

Leg pain after tummy tuck and lipo

+1

You are describing atypical symptoms 6 months out.  Seek medical advice, as you may have a life threatening blood clot

Michael Orseck, MD
Greenville Plastic Surgeon

Pain after Tummy Tuck

+1

The pain you are describing is not usually associated 6 months after a tummy tuck.  I would advice you to discuss with your surgeon.  The pain may not even be related to your previous surgery.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

See a doctor soon

+1

The pain you are describing is not typical especially six months after surgery.  Blood clots usually occur in the lower legs, but can occur in other areas.  The two may not be related, but you should see your surgeon soon since you state that your abdominal contour has changed recently.

Lori H. Saltz, MD

+1

No not normal but to find a causal relationship would be hard to find. Seek medical advise. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl J. Blinski

Pain in legs 6 months after surgery

+1

If you are having pains in your legs 6 months after surgery, that is unusual. The worst thing is if you have clots in your legs, and you should probably be seen ASAP.

Need to see your surgeon...

+1

Swelling is very normal after a tummy tuck and liposuction but pain should be mostly resolved by now.  As leg pain can be a serious problem such as a blood clot, you should see your surgeon and be examined.  Good luck!

Evan Sorokin, MD
Cherry Hill Plastic Surgeon