How Much Botox Would It Take to Dramatically Lift Brows?

picture on the left are my current brows. picture on the right is how i would like my brows to look. doctor injected me with 25 IU'S of DYSPORT and it didnt do anything. should i do dysport again? or botox? how many IUS would i need of either botox or dysport to achieve that high arched look?

Botox brow lift

+1

Botox will not lft the the eyebrows. it will simply weaken the muscles that pull down the brow and oppose the  frontialis muscle.

The amount of BOTOX it takes to lift brows really depends upon how much lifting you need

+1

The amount of BOTOX it takes to lift brows really depends upon how much lifting you need. It can be anywhere from 25 to 40 units depending upon how your individual muscles work. And, not everyone will get a good browlift from BOTOX. It depends on how strong their eyebrow depressor muscles are at the time of injection. 

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Non-Surgical Browlift (Chemical Browlift) Using Both Botox and Fillers

+1

The position of the eyebrows is another casualty of father time. In young women, the inner half of the eyebrow lays directly over the rim of the bony orbit. Two-thirds of the way across in the direction of the temples, the brows flare upward above the brow line buttressed by an outwardly projecting mound of fat. When this fatty tissue shrivels and flattens with age, the outer brows sink to level of the rim of the orbit or even below it. The now downwardly directed outer third resembles the shape of the normal male brow and imparts a sterner look to the female countenance.

To remedy these changes, Botox Cosmetic or Dysport may used for what has been called a "chemical brow lift." To weaken the downward traction of the muscles in this area that is in part responsible for the fallen eyebrow, Botox is injected directly under the outermost segment of the hairs of the eyebrows. By, in essence, giving an advantage to the upwardly pulling counterparts of the treated muscles, the sagging outer brow is lifted back up to its original position ABOVE the bony rim of the orbit.

Finally, the volumizing fillers, Juvederm UltraPlus and Perlane, each have been used successfully to both restore youthful fullness directly below the outer brow and complement significantly the effects of the Botox or Dysport. This technique replaces the volume lost in this region with aging and restores the youthful fullness, rounded contour and outward projection of the outer third of the brows and acts to support the desired upward flare of  this region.

Using this combined approach, which takes only minutes to perform, in appropriately selected cases can result in brows that are lifted sufficiently to diminish sagging, to give more “show” to the upper lid, and to make the eyes appears wider.

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Botox can be used to lift the brow

+1

In selected patients, botox can be used to signifiicantly and noticabley elevate the eyebrows. The best candidates for botox browlifts have strong central and lateral eyebrow depressors (the squint and frown muscles) and a powerful eyebrow elevator (the Frontalis). If you are a  good botox browlift muscle candidate, it will often require 60-75 units of botox to optimize the brow lift and brow reshaping effect. Under dosing with botox is a common mistake, as is over use of botox in shaping the frontalis, which will drop the brow. Botox browlifts can be noticeable and pleasing BUT rarely are they dramatic, so expectation management is also important. Finally, ensure you see an experienced botox physician who is adept at botox browlifting.

R. Stephen Mulholland, MD

How much botox needed

+1

Botox is different from patient to patient as the amount of muscle mass varies and the regional anatomy can vary.  Also, there is some art and experience involved with the administration of botox. Doctors have many different techniques in delivering botox to the same area. Many will use one row for the Crow's feet, and others will use two rows. The number of units can be different in each insertion. The number of units in between the eyebrows and their placement can be different.  For Crow's feet, my patients often get a range from 9 to 15 units for each side, and 25 to 35 units for the glabella (between the eyebrows and slightly above).

Young people without much of a forehead droop, will not necessarily achieve a high arch of their eyebrows by the use of Botox to antagonize the depressor effects of the glabellar and Crow's feet muscles.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Dramatic Botox Brow Lift

+1

In order to obtain subtle lateral brow lift, I typically use 5U Botox per side (10 U total).  For a more dramatic lift, I roughly double this dose (20-25 U).  This relates specifically to injection of Botox into the lateral superior orbicularis oculi muscle, which is a brow depressor.  Minimization of this portion of muscle's activity allows the brow to "spring upward".  As previously mentioned, the equivalent does of Dysport is 2.5 times the number of Botox Units.  Both agents yield good results.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lifting the brows with neurotoxin

+1

The muscle of the brow work antagonistically like a "yin and yang" thing.  The frontalis lifts and the orbicularis around the eye lowers the brow.  "knocking out" the orbicularis selectively along the orbital rim helps usually to elevate the brow.  If you also have your frontalis treated becuase you do not like the lines, the lateral brow may not elevate as much as you would like.

Botox browlift

+1

By blocking the function of the muscles that depress the brow and leaving the elevator muscles alone, you will have a nice browlift.  This usually takes 25-50 units of Botox.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Amount of Botox or Dysport Needed to Elevate Eye Brows

+1

Hi Vanity,

Elevation of the brows from neurotoxin injection depends not only on dose, but on placement in the correct muscles.  It should take about 25 units of Botox or 50 units of Dysport to get brow elevation.  A charging Bengal Tiger will normally elevate the brows as well.

Be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Botox to dramatically lift brows

+1

The formula for conversion of Botox to Dysport is 1 unit of Botox = 2.5 to 3 units of Dysport. So If I use 15 to 25 units of Botox to "dramatically lift" your eyebrows than at least 40 to 70 units of Dysport is needed. In my opinion you were under treated.

From MIAMI Dr. B