It's Been a Year Post Extended TT with MR. I Still Look the Same As 2 Weeks Post Op! No Weight Changes. Is This Normal?

It has been 1 year post extended abdomnioplasty w muscle repair 9 lbs of skin was removed I'm wondering are these the results to be expected I look the exact same as 2 weeks post op I have a pot belly in lower abdomen. I Still Look the Same As 2 Weeks Post Op! No Weight Changes Please Help!

I still look the same after a Tummy Tuck

+1

Tough question without pictures. A tummy tuck is not a weight loss procedure , it should be used as a contouring procedure, and the results should be dramatic and permanent. I always perform liposuction with my tummy tucks, and I do traditionally see a good amount of weight lost post-operatively, usually between 10-20 lbs, but I attribute that to the liposuction. I believe they should always be combined. You need to go back to your surgeon and compare your pre and post pictures to usually appreciate the dramatic differnce with Tummy Tucks.

Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

How about some photos?

+1

Really no way to help you without photos.  You must have been a massive weight loss patient from your story though and one thing you need to understand is that the weight gain and loss destroyed your skin elasticity and that even a TT can't make you "tight." 

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS