It's been a year since I broke my nose, can I still fix my slanted/broken nose? (photo)

Hello, my names karina. Im 17 and about an year ago or two I broke my nose. Well its not fractured or shattered in to peices just slanted a little to my left. I got hit on my nose and now I have a little loop or something I cant really explain it. I would like to know if theres any way I can still get it fixed? And if so, how? Would it cost a lot of money and would it hurt. I also have like a little bump on my nose as well. someone please help. Thank you for your time. My nose is slanting right

Can I still fix my nose after I broke it?

+1
Your photo sows that your nose is a little crooked. You also said you have a bump  but I can't see it on this front view.You can still fix the bump and straighten your nose by having a Rhinoplasty.

Fixing a broken nose

+1
If you break your nose, there are generally two windows of opportunity to fix it. A "closed reduction" can be performed in most cases within the first 2 weeks after the fracture. This involves moving the broken bones and cartilage back to their original position.
If it has been longer than 2 weeks, the bones then start to heal and are not as easily moved around. In that case, I prefer to wait at least 3 months before trying to surgically move them. The appearance of a "slanted" nose can certainly be improved as can a bump. Often a portion of the cost of this surgery would be covered by insurance as it is correcting a post-traumatic injury, although this would best be determined by a complete evaluation.
I actually broke my nose and had it repaired several years later. The most uncomfortable part for me was having a little packing in the nose for 2 days. After that was removed, the nose started feeling better pretty quickly.

Gregory J. Vipond, MD, FRCSC
Inland Empire Facial Plastic Surgeon

Crooked nose

+1
Yes, something can always be done to hopefully make it straight no matter how long after an injury. I do this as an outpatient and many times your insurance will cover this type of surgery.

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for the crooked nose, etc.

+1
Rhinoplasty for the crooked nose, with wide tip and hump can be done. Insurance will pay for straightening the nose. The cost is dependent on what u want done. 

Rhinoplasty for broken nose repair

+1
 Even though it has been one year after  you  broke your nose, it is still acceptable to straighten the crooked nose.  The nasal hump can be shaved down, while osteotomies of the nasal bones are required to straighten it.  Occasionally a spreader graft is inserted underneath the concave upper lateral cartilage when necessary. For many examples of crooked nose repair in our practice, please see the link below

It's been a year since I broke my nose, can I still fix my slanted/broken nose?

+1
    A rhinoplasty could address the slanted nature and the hump at the same time.

Crooked Nose

+1
I agree totally with Dr Fleming that your crooked nose can be improved dramatically with a rhinoplasty

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

Crooked Nose Secondary to Nasal Trauma

+1
Your crooked nose can be straightened with rhinoplasty surgery. It is not clear with just one view of your nose but the hump can be removed and the tip narrowed and refined at the same time. The cost will be determined after an examination and discussion re your goals. Some expenses may be covered by your health insurance.

Post-Traumatic Rhinoplasty

+1
Following trauma, it is common to have a crooked nose with or without difficulty breathing.  A thorough anatomy of the inside and outside of the nose is necessary to determine how best to fix your situation.  If you have health insurance, that may help defray costs.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you with achieving the results you seek. 3-dimensional computer imaging can also help you visualize what you may look like and serve as an important communication tool with your surgeon.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Broken nose and rhinoplasty

+1
Dear kkkkkarina,

• If you broke your nose over a year ago, you can still get it fixed and straightened
  • We call it an open reduction of a nasal fracture
  • Incisions are inside the nose, and we can remove the bump at the same time
  • The procedure does not hurt, even afterwards when you are healing
  • The cost varies, and it will likely be in the 3-5K range
  • If you have health insurance, they may cover a nasal fracture repair

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD