It's Been 4 Weeks Since Rhinoplasty I Feel That the Tip is Wide and Bulbous?

its been 4 weeks and still looks so big im sure its to soon to judge . when will swelling go down bc it looks the same to me

Swollen Tip Normal At A Month After Rhinoplasty

Dear Sarah,

At 4 weeks after your surgery, it is very normal that you have swelling reflected as a bulbous and wide nasal tip.

I advise you to have a little more patience as normally it takes up to a year for final results to be established. Mother nature has to take its course at the end of the day.

Nonetheless, it is good to keep your surgeon in the loop of your progress.

Best of luck to you and thank you for your inquiry.

Dr. Sajjadian

496 Old Newport Blvd
Newport Beach, CA 92663

Swollen nasal tip 4 weeks after rhinoplasty

4 Weeks is still very soon after your surgery, and the majority of your swelling is still present.  It can take up to a year before you see the final result of your surgery, but the amount of time the swelling lingers may be influenced by the following things:

1) Whether or not tip work was performed
2) The thickness of the patient's skin
3) If the procedure was open or closed

I would give it some time, as you are still early in the healing process.  I would recommend speaking with your surgeon regarding any concerns you have at this time. Thanks and I hope this helps!

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

6849 Fairview Road
Charlotte, NC 28210

Tip swelling following rhinoplasty.

The nasal tip is the final frontier in resolution of postop swelling following rhinoplasty.  At 4 weeks approximately 20 to 40 % of the swelling still remains which will gradually dissipate for the next 10 to 12 months. 

Mario J. Imola, MD, DDS, FRCSC.

Mario J. Imola, DDS, MD
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

3600 So. Logan St.
Englewood, CO 80113

Wide Bulbous Tip 4 Weeks after Rhinoplasty

The tip will continue to improve for another 10-11 months, especially in patients with thick nasal skin. All you can do at this time is be patient.

416 N Bedford Dr
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Tip swelling 1 month after rhinoplasty

4 weeks after rhinoplasty is definitely too soon to judge about the final result.  You will see that over the next 4-6 week the swelling will go down significantly.  The degree of swelling and the speed of recovery largely depends on skin quality, type of the procedure, and many other factors.  Be patient, keep your head elevated during sleep to speed up the resolution of edema, and check back with us in a month or so to tell us how happy you are with your new nose.

Alexander Ovchinsky, MD

1046 South Orange Avenue
Short Hills, NJ 07078

Tip swelling

Tip swelling decreases about 70% at the end of 4 weeks so you still have about 30% swelling left.  The tip is the most dependent part of your nose so most of the swelling accumulates here so the swelling persists the longest here and near the incision.  You should notice continual changes over the next 3-5 months.  

Mike Majmundar, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

5730 Glenridge Drive
Atlanta, GA 30328