It's Been 6 Weeks After my Post Breast Augmentation and my Right Breast is Taking Longer to Drop? (photo)

I'm 45 years old and I weight 145 lb and I was C cup.I had sub-muscular Saline implants (Armpit Incision) 6 1/2 weeks ago. I'm 550cc on my right and 580cc on my left. My left breast has dropped as expected, but my right breast is having trouble dropping. Today I felt stiffness, moderate pain and tingling. I'm been using the surgical strap above my breast 24/7 as per Doctor instructions and I already had 6 ultrasound appointments. I'm concern about developing capsular contracture. Please advise

Right breast not dropping

+2

A cause of your asymmetry may be related to incomplete release of the lower attachments of the pectoralis major muscle.  This would keep the implant high on this side.  Though capsule contracture is possible, it is not as likely according to the time frame.  An examination would be helpful, but discuss this with your surgeon.  If the muscle has not been adequately released, you will need a revision procedure.  The timing of things would be to give yourself more time to heal though...the implant may still drop on its own over the next few months.

Kahului Plastic Surgeon

Breast Asymmetry after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures. They demonstrate the asymmetry that you are referring to.

As you can imagine, without direct examination or viewing pictures it is not possible to give you precise advice. Your plastic surgeon is in the best position to rule out complications (such as capsular contracture) and to advise you.

Having said that, breast asymmetry  at this stage in your recovery after breast augmentation is not uncommon.  It may take several months for the symmetry to improve and for you to see the final results of surgery.