Its One Week Since Wisdom Teeth Extraction. Is It Safe Enough to Smoke? and Dont Say Anything About I Should Quit! Just Asking.

I'm a strong smoker, Ive heard all the recommendations on waitng to smoke, 24 hours, 48 hours, 72 hours, 3-5 days, 1 week. So its been one week now since my surgery and its going well still a tiny bit of aching and soreness to the right and left lower wisom extractions due to they were impacted so a more difficult extraction. ohter than that everything is good. would one week be a good safe point in this healing proccess to smoke? and if so what are my chances still of recieveing dry socket?

Congratulations on not smoking

+1

congratulations for not smoking for one week. The risk of dry socket after one week is very low. It is hard for any health provider to say it is okay to smoke ever but your risk of dry socket is greatly reduced. Good Luck

Hartford Cosmetic Dentist

Is it okay to smoke?

+1

We suggest 7-10 day avoid smoking good luck

Kevin Coughlin DMD, MBA, MAGD    CEO Baystate Dental PC

Kevin Coughlin, DMD
Springfield Cosmetic Dentist