It's Three Weeks Since my Rhinoplasty, I've Noticed a String in my Left Nostril. What Should I Do?

String in nostril post-rhinoplasty

+1

It is probably a stitch that has not dissolved. Ask your doctor about it and it can be removed.

Dubai Plastic Surgeon

It's Three Weeks Since my Rhinoplasty, I've Noticed a String in my Left Nostril. What Should I Do

+1

The string in the nostril is probably a suture.  This may be absorbable, but you should contact your surgeon to determine if this is the case.  Do not remove it yourself.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

String in nose 3 weeks after rhinoplasty

+1

It is most likely a suture that dissolves. These are put in to close the internal incisions. Best to see your doctor to remove it.

String in nostril after rhinoplasty

+1

I would recommend contacting your surgeon.  It's possible the string could be connected to something that would make it dangerous for you to remove on your own, but only your surgeon will know for sure.    

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon