Its Been 4 Months Now Since my Vaser Lipo and my Abdominal Still Looks Huge?

Post Vaser Lipo Results

+1

Thank you for your question. There are many factors involved with abdomen size and you should be evaluated for an abdominal diastasis if your fat thickness is very thin, or if there is still fat, you may have some prolonged swelling. Discuss this with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, and plan your next 2-3 months of recovery. I hope this helps.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Vaser Lipo Results

+1

Results vary with the extensiveness of the procedure: the amount of fat removed, the number of areas treated and so on. Many patients report that they see results immediately after the procedure with the final result around three to four months. I would suggest speaking directly with your doctor about your results. 

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Vaser-abdomen

+1

In most cases abdomen after Vaser can be swollen for few weeks, 4 months is rather unusual. Although final result can take 6 months to manifest, it is normally becomes apparent once the worst of the swelling settles.

Some people store their fat behind the muscle wall around internal organs - it is called visceral fat and is not accessable  for liposuction. People with excess visceral fat should exercise to reduce the store, cycling is the best way to do so.

You should consult your surgeon to assess why your abdomen is still swollen as it might be seroma collection (inflammatory fluid pocket collection).

Ultrasound scan can easily eliminate this

Alexandra Chambers, MD
London Dermatologist

Hello

+1

Without and exam or before and after pictures its hard to see what can really be going on. YOu should talk to your surgeon and go over your concerns. 

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Swelling after lipo, how long does it last

+1

It is normal to experience swelling after liposuction regardless of the tool used. At 4 months, if this was your initial procedure, the swelling should be resolved. Important questions to ask include what is your weight and how does it compare to your preoperative weight?  Remember that 50% of your result is surgery and 50% of your result is on you to eat right and maintain a healthy lifestyle. Seroma would be very unusual with liposuction but always a consideration early on. 

I would talk with your doctor. We all want our patients to be happy so I am sure he/she will have some thoughts. 

Jeffrey Kenkel, MD

Abdominal swelling after VASER

+1

In our practice, we normally perform intensive post-lipo care for up to 3 weeks after lipoplasty, especially Vaser lipoplasty to minimize seroma formation and allow the inflammation to subside quickly. Without evaluating your before and after pictures and a physical exam, its difficult to make a useful diagnosis of the problem, but in my experience persistent swelling this far out is likely due to residual seroma and consequent inflammation. It is best to return to your surgeon for more active management and to avoid or minimize subsequent deformity.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Brookline Facial Plastic Surgeon