It's Been 6 Months Since Liposuction on my Tummy and It Still Looks the Same. What is Wrong?

stomach, back and flanks

Discuss results with surgeon

+1
First, ask your surgeon what they did. Second, see if you have a lot of loose skin that may be hiding your results. Sometimes, liposuction alone can make loose skin worse, and it's actually a tummy tuck that would better achieve expectations.  

Paramus Plastic Surgeon

6 Months after Liposuction and No Change

+1

I liposuction 5 liters out at a time in most patients, and the transformation is dramatic.  You should find out the volume of lipoaspirate.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

No change after liposuction

+1

To answer this question, pre and post op photos would be beneficial.  The first question is whether you have gained weight after liposuction.  In many cases, I find that there is a bit of amnesia; patients can forget how much bulging they had preoperatively--until they review their own photos and are able to appreciate the difference.  If you are unhappy, then return to your plastic surgeon for re-evaluation with specific questions.  Best of luck.

Robert L. Kraft, MD