It's Been 6 Months Since Liposuction on my Tummy and It Still Looks the Same. What is Wrong?

stomach, back and flanks

Have a question? Ask a doctor

Discuss results with surgeon

First, ask your surgeon what they did. Second, see if you have a lot of loose skin that may be hiding your results. Sometimes, liposuction alone can make loose skin worse, and it's actually a tummy tuck that would better achieve expectations.  

6 Months after Liposuction and No Change

I liposuction 5 liters out at a time in most patients, and the transformation is dramatic.  You should find out the volume of lipoaspirate.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

No change after liposuction

To answer this question, pre and post op photos would be beneficial.  The first question is whether you have gained weight after liposuction.  In many cases, I find that there is a bit of amnesia; patients can forget how much bulging they had preoperatively--until they review their own photos and are able to appreciate the difference.  If you are unhappy, then return to your plastic surgeon for re-evaluation with specific questions.  Best of luck.

Robert L. Kraft, MD