It's Been 6 Months After Rhino. Every Morning or Hot Weather Make my Nose Get Swollen. Will This Ever Stop? (photo)

Every morning, sweating, or warm weather make my new nose swollen.

Swollen nose

+1

At six months your nose is close to being completely healed.  But the swelling may persist for up to a year and sometimes longer.  Be patient..you're almost there!

It's Been 6 Months After Rhino. Every Morning or Hot Weather Make my Nose Get Swollen. Will This Ever Stop?

+1

It should.  Rhinoplasty disrupts the nasal lymphatic vessels responsible for removing tissue edema.  At about 6 months, post Rhinoplasty these lymphatic vessels reestablish and once again remove normal tissue swelling.  As always, you should discuss this issue with your Rhinoplasty Surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

+1

Full healing can take up to a full year or more. Be more patient and try compression massages to nose. Best to you. 

Morning swelling after rhinoplasty

+1

Sybell,

This is common after rhinoplasty in some patients. We don't know why it happens to some, but it can sometimes may be due to thickness of the skin. What I can tell you with certainty is that it will stop. At the longest, it will take another six months, but it may occur sooner.

Web reference: http://www.drbustillo.com

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling post rhinoplasty

+1
Dear Sybell, Fortunately the answer is yes. This will subside as time goes by and hopefully at the one year post operative phase this will have almost completely diminished. Typically post rhinoplasty swelling dissipates in phases. The initial percentage of the swelling dissipates in the first three to four months and this typically reduces from bridge to tip. The remaining swelling takes a full year to completely dissipate and typically this is the bottom third of the nose or the tip area that reduces lastly. Try and sleep elevated with a few pillows behind your back and this should help you with swelling in the morning. Also watch your salt intake as this may exasperate the problem as well. When possible stay out of any excess heat and especially during exercise try and stay cool. No saunas, jacuzzis etc..time is on your side be patient and in a few more months you should be very happy and your swelling episodes will diminish daily..best regards!

Web reference: http://www.michaelelammd.com