I've just had implants romoved & replaced 9 days ago. I also want a lift,my PS suggested we do the procedures seperatly...he says i might not need it and that the implant will possibly raise my areola, I get the felling he doesnt want to do the lift. I want a smaller areola because I dont like the looks of them now, there is also puffyness to them all the time which i think is weird. How long should I wait ? what type of lift should I get? & how much will it cost?.
Its Been 8 Days Since Replacing Implants, What Type of Lift Should I Get? & How Much Will It Cost? (photo)
Doctor Answers 6
Timing of Mastopexy
You should wait several months until the breast take their final shape and size after resolution of swelling. There are large areas of bruisng that need to completely resolve as well as seen in your pictures. A circumvertical lift (lollipop) incsion type will probably be OK, but I would consider "downsizing" you implant as well, but this is better decided after the swelling resolves.
Breast Lift after Implant Exchange
I typically perform these two operations at the same time if I think a lift is needed pre operatively. Placing large implants "in hopes" of avoiding a lift only lead to larger breasts that still need a lift. There is also higher reoperative rates for these larger implants.
At this point I would wait 6-12 months prior to proceeding with a lift procedure. You really need to allow the breast to fully "settle" and take their final shape and size.
Seek out an experienced board certified plastic surgeon to help guide you through your decision.
Dr. Brian Joseph
Breast lift after breast augmentation surgery
I recommend you wait at least 4-6 months until your implants are settled and tissues have healed before contemplating a lift. And, yes, you WILL need a lift. The reason he may be hesitant in doing a lift is that traditionally, a vertical scar is needed to give the amount of lift you will be needing. A vertical scar is very visible and can stretch with time. Consider looking into the Ultimate Breast Lift which re-arranges breast tissue to lie directly above an existing implant (subpectoral implant) and moves the nipple up through a circumareolar incision. This approach will also make your areolas smaller. Price for this would be 5k-6k all fees included. The It's worth looking into. Best wishes,
You might also like...
It is too soon to reoperate, so you need to take the time for the swelling to go down and consider what your options would be. I think you should have a lift either with a much smaller implant or. no implant at all. It depends on how large the implants are which you currently have and what size you ultimately want to be. Take the time to get a few opinions from plastic surgeons experienced in mastopexy with implants. Do not rush into a decision simply because you may be upset with your current situation.
Breast Lift After Breast Augmentation
It was common to do breast augmentation and breast lift separately in the past, however most breast specialists do them simultaneously today. Additionally, it is uncommon for a breast implant exchange and a lift to be performed separately. Looking at your photos, it is difficult to believe that your surgeon thought you 'might not need' a lift. Based on what you are saying and your photos, I would suggest going to another surgeon to have your breast lift. Please invest some time into seeking out a specialist in breast surgery. Breast lifts require skill, experience and an artistic sense. People that perform them regularly know that bigger implants don't lift a breast.
To answer your question, you will need a full lift, and if performed by a qualified surgeon, will probably cost between $7000 to $10000 for all charges. Entertaining the idea that a limited incision lift will do, or finding a doctor who will charge substantially less, is likely to prolong your dissatisfaction.
Best of luck.
Implant replacement and breast lift
I generally do both the implant (or implant exchange and lift at the same time. However, since you have already had the implant exchange, I would suggesting waiting a few months for the implants to settle and the swelling to resolve. At that time, you and your surgeon can better discuss what type of lift you would need based on your anatomy and your goals and expectations. In my personal opinion, I would suggest a smaller implant and a traditional mastopexy with a lollipop and anchor type incision to achieve the best and most natural appearing result.