2nd Day After Upper Lip Filler but I Feel a Lump On Left Side of Lip. Will is Dissolve or Settle?

Lump from lip injection

+1

It is not uncommon to get some small lumps after lip injections as the covering of the lip is so thin. Some times this can be gently massaged out. Often times it will settle after two or three weeks. 

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lumps and filler

+1

Having a lump or bump post Restylane is not uncommon. Waiting 1-2 weeks is generally advised, and then important to follow up with the provider for proper assessment. You may need some general massaging or further treatment, or it may settle down on its own.

Sam Naficy, MD

Wait Before Doing Anything For a Lump In Your Lip 2 Days After a Filler Injection

+1

There is no way to tell at this point in time. I would give it 2 weeks. At that point, if the lump is still there then it is due to a collection of filler and can be reduced using an injection of hyaluronidase (assuming you had a hyaluronic acid filler). It may simply be due top swelling (often is asymmetric) and may very well go away on it's own. At this point don't worry. Be patient. It can be addressed if it needs to be in a couple of weeks. Good luck.

Michael R. Menachof, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lump from lip filler

+1

It is always advisable to wait at least one and preferably two weeks for all of the lumps and swelling to resolve before assessing the results of filler injections, especially if they are hyaluronic acid fillers like Restylane, Juvederm, or Belotero in the lips. I recommend waiting several weeks for the swelling to go down after the treatment before worrying about any long-term adverse effects or considering any "touch-up" treatments such as additional filler injections or reversing the treatment using hyaluronidase.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Lump on side of lip after filler

+1

For now, just wait. Swelling and bruising can take up to two weeks to resolve, particularly in the lip area. Do no press on or manipulate the lump yourself. I would let everything settle down and re-visit your injector in 2 weeks if there is still a lump. Any small changes can be done at that time, and it is easy to resolve a small lump with a tiny bit of hyaluronidase at that point. But doing it before then is premature.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Lumps or bumps from fillers can happen but don't worry after 2 days

+1

If the lump or bump is still there after two weeks then hyaluronidase can be injected into the dump to dissolve the annoying bump.  It is a simple and quick fix.

Michele S. Green, MD