It's the 4th day after botox, my lines are visible and my crowfeet are also there. Will my forehead improve?

i read that if there are lines at rest, they won't go away. This my 4 th day after botox, my lines are very much there i don't see a fresh smooth forehead as yet, intact there is no change. except for one of my very deep line in between the brows, but another line has emerged right beside it. i had 40 units. Is it still early.

Botox Improvement

+2
It can take up to 2 weeks for the full benefits of Botox to show. The lines that you make when showing expression will be improved with Botox injections, if you have lines at rest then they will soften with Botox. If you wanted more improvement to the deeper “at rest” lines then the addition of filler would give you best results. In my office I have patients come in 2weeks after injections for a re-evaluation. If a patient has any concerns then I am able to make adjustments at that time. If you would still like more improvement after 2 weeks it’s best to see your physician and go over your concerns.

Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

It takes 2 weeks to see the full result with Botox

+1
Don't worry, you need a good 2 weeks to see the full results of your Botox treament. If you're still unhappy once that timeframe has passed, I'd recommend following up with your dermatologist to reevaluate and make sure you're happy with your results.

Julie E. Russak, MD

Botox can take 1-2 weeks to see effects

+1
Botox takes longer than a few days to see the effects. Typically, the majority of the effects are seen at one week, and close to 100% are seen by 2 weeks. However, the immediate effcts of Botox will only prevent you from making a deep crease, or line of movement. The lines which are visible when your face is relaxed will still be there. Over time as you continue not to re-crease these lines with movement, the lines will soften. With repeated treatments, they will fade and usually disappear. Remember, these lines took a lifetime to form and will take longer than a few days to erase. Good luck!

Meg Cherry, MD
Birmingham Dermatologic Surgeon

+1
These lines can take some time to appear improved after Botox injections, typically from 1-2 weeks. After that period of time if you do not see improvement you may need additional injections. 

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Botox results are not immediate

+1
The effect of botox on crows feet and fine lines appears over time. I typically tell my patients that it takes 1-2 weeks to see the full effects of your botox treatment. The lines gradually soften over this period of time. If you are still not seeing results after 2 weeks and your lines are still visible, you might need a touch up or an additional treatment. Four days is still pretty early to see results and, in my opinion, a little too early to fully judge. As always however, if you have any concerns about your treatment, or feel the results are not developing the way they should, speak to your doctor about these issues.

Adam J. Mamelak, MD
Austin Dermatologic Surgeon

4 days after Botox treatment

+1
Botox should help to take away some of the movement and will improve the smoothness of the skin. If your lines were very deep prior to treatment, it may take additional treatments to take the lines away completely. It is slightly early and you may want to wait 1-2 weeks before seeking a touch up to your treatment. You should continue to improve over time.

Sheetal Sapra, MD
Ontario Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox Not Working

+1
There are many variables that can affect your treatment and response.  I recommend my patients wait at least 10 days and then we reevaluate.  Sometimes it just takes longer to take effect as 4 days is early for many patients.  The best thing is to give it more time and see the injector that treated you.  Sometimes it takes a touch up.
It is interesting that some patients may have a different response from time to time with the same amount of Botox to the same area by the same doctor.

Joseph Niamtu, III, DMD
Richmond Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Botox results

+1
It can sometimes take up to 2 weeks to see the full effects of Botox.  If there isn't significant improvement in 1 week, you should return to the doctor for a re-evaluation.  This gives you an opportunity to express your disappointment but, more importantly, it lets the doctor see how you responded to the treatment and how many more units you may need for the full effect.  Also, keep in mind, Botox works best for "dynamic lines", i.e., lines with facial expression.  It doesn't work as well for "static lines", that is, lines that are there even when you are not making a facial expression.

Peterson Pierre, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologist

Botox results

+1

It usually takes 1-2 weeks before you see the full effect of your botox injections. Give it some more time. It this is your first time going to that doctor it takes a while before they know how many units you need and where to inject.

Arun Rao, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Botox results take up to 10 days

+1
It can take up to 10 days to fully see the effects of the Botox. Don't worry too much until then. If you still have lines you weren't expecting to still see at that point, then return to your injector for an assessment. This is too early to worry.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD