Its Been Almost 5 Weeks Since my Brazillian Butt Lift, Volume Concerns?

its bin 5 wks since my procedure and the swelling has gone down substantially, tho leaving my butt not as voluminous. At this point, the shelf look isn't as noticable and my butt is more "regular" looking(i have to wear an open butt garment to get the look i want). At 5 wks, is the fat transfer permanent or can the size decrease even more? Would having the procedure done again be recomended to achieve a fuller final result? I dont know if id have any othere donor areas left to use.other options?

Do you know how much was transferred? I regularly transfer 1200 to 1800 cc to each side because of that reason. Please follow up with your doctor as these issues require the attention of a plastic surgeon.

201 North Robertson Blvd.
Beverly Hills, CA 90211

Loss of volume after Brazilian butt lift

Volume will change during the first three months after a Brazilian butt lift, but the decrease in size should not be substantial. Typically, the butt size will decrease by 20% during the first three months after surgery. If your butt has shrunk in size significantly, there are a few things to consider:

1. A substantial amount of fat dies and is absorbedby the body.

2. Fat was not processed prior to injection and a lot of non-fat fluid was injected with the fat. The non-fat fluid (tumescence fluid) will be reabsorbed early after surgery leaving the fat behind. Your butt will shrink significantly. Out of all the fluid and fat removed during liposuction, only from 30- 40% is usable fat. If the rest is not removed prior to injection, you can anticipate a 60-70% absorption and decrease in butt size.

Wilberto Cortes, MD

50 Briar Hollow Lane
Houston, TX 77027

You must be patient. There is always a dip in volume between the time the edema is resolving and the fat is being revascularized that is to be expected. You should wait a minium of six months to judge the result and a year would be better. There is a lot going on you do not know about.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

4208 Richmond Ave
Houston, TX 77027

Concerned about Butt Volume after Brazilian Butt Lift

Hi there-

Swelling may take as long as 3 months to completely resolve after any type of liposuction procedure.

If you are still not happy, discuss this openly and respectfully with your surgeon.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

7009 Dr. Phillips Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32819

Brazillian Butt Lift Volume

A few things may have happened.

1. The swelling has gone down

2. The fat volume is decreased

Both of these are common after fat transfer procedures. Discuss your options with your plastic surgeon.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

2333 W Irving Park Rd
Chicago, IL 60618