It's Been 10 Weeks Since my Breast Augmentation my Breast Look Uneven?

It's been 10 weeks since my breast augmentation (adjustable). My right breast feels a little bit hard and it is still sore. The shape also looks different, like it has not descended completely and it's smaller. . I've asked my doctor and he said it is normal that he'll even them out on my 1st adjustment. I'm just concern I may have capsular contracture and the Adjustment may just make things worse. What should I do?

update:
Thank you so much for you reply to my question. I have added a picture of my left breast (which I'm happy with) and my right breast which appears to be "sagging". I'm on my 12th week, I don't have pain and my right breast is not as "hard" but it still doesn't feel as soft and normal as my left one. Is it possible to get it corrected just with adding more ccs? That's what the office staff keeps telling me, but the doctor is not schedule to see me until 3 more weeks for my first adjustment.

Breast asymmetry all weeks after breast augmentation

+3

Thank you for your question and photographs. It is difficult to assess your asymmetry without a direct examination or at least frontal photographs so a comparison between the 2 sides is possible. Some breast asymmetry can be expected at 3 months after breast augmentation especially if the breasts were not perfectly symmetrical before surgery. From your side photographs it appears that the to breasts are a different shape and I cannot tell if this is due to the implant or due to the fact that the breasts had a different shape preop.

It sounds as though your getting good advice from your plastic surgeon and the adjustable implant will likely help solve this problem.

Breast asymmetry

+3

It is normal for the two breasts to relax, soften and descend at different rates and at 10 weeks post-op this process is still ongoing. Be patient and do not make a final assessment until you are 4-6 months out from surgery. If the right side is still tight and appears smaller you may have a contracture

Joseph Fata, MD

Adding volume to correct asymmetry

+3

Your photo does show a size difference which the additional volume will address, however we cannot know about the shape of the pocket and whether the volume alone will be an adequate fix. Best to ask your surgeon directly in three weeks.

Breast asymmetry after breast augmentation

+3

Posting a photo would be helpful.  You have mentioned a few different issues including breast size, breast implant adjustability, and capsule contracture.  At 10 weeks following surgery your breasts are entering a stable recovery period where you should not see dramatic changes.  Implant size difference can be addressed by your plastic surgeon if you have adjustable implants.  The breast implant pocket and the issue of capsule contracture will require revision surgery if they are significant components of your asymmetry.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Breast Asymmetry after Breast Augmentation?

+3

Unfortunately,  it is not possible to give you good advice without direct examination or viewing pictures. I'm glad that you are following up with your plastic surgeon who is in the best position to advise you. Keep in mind, that some breast asymmetry is to be expected;  hopefully this will improve as the breast implants fully “settle”. Again, capsular  contracture is a clinical diagnosis that can  only be made after physical examination.

Asymmetry of breasts

+2

All breasts are asymmetric.  Many times descent varies between the two breasts.  It is best to follow your doctor's advice.

Wait 4 months

+1
I think you should wait four months before any adjustment is made. This gives you time for your breasts to even out if they haven't fully dropped yet.

Jerome Edelstein, MD