Its Been 10 Weeks Since my Tummy Tuck. Is It Safe to Get on Top of my Husband During Intercourse? As Far As Pressure on Tummy?

Intercourse after a tummy tuck

+1

I usually allow full exercise 6 weeks after a tummy tuck.  This includes intense programs like P90X, and I usually relate this to intercourse as well. 

You are good to go.

+1

I usully allow my patients to resume full actvities (work-out, sex, etc) after 6 weeks.  However, each plastic surgeon is different in his/her postoperative instruction and clearance.  You should double check with your plastic surgeon.

Sugene Kim, MD

Tummy tuck restrictions

+1

At ten weeks post op, you should be fine.  Just listen to your body in every type of activity you are resuming.  Go slowly and gradually.

Mennen T. Gallas, MD
Katy Plastic Surgeon

Ten weeks post tummy tuck, you are good to go

+1

By ten weeks after tummy tuck you are ready for full exercise and any other challenges that come your way.

Sex after tummy tuck

+1

I generally clear my patients to resume activity as tolerated (*gradually*) after 5-6 weeks.  So you are 10 weeks postop.  Check with your plastic surgeon.  But you should be OK.  Enjoy your results!

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Sex after tummy tuck

+1
Yes, this is fine. Hope you both enjoy your new look. Just don't hang from the chandelier. It would be bad for both your backs!

Robert L. Kraft, MD

You should do fine

+1

On my practice, when patients reach the 1 month post-op mark, I tell them that they can carry a completely normal life, including going to the gym and doing exercise. I recommend caution just while doing abdominal crunches until they are 12 weeks post-op; so if you are now on week 10; I believe that, unless you have any open wounds or any other condition not here stated; you could go on with it, as nothing is supposed to happen. If any doubt, go visit a board certified plastic surgeon to evaluate you personally.

Rafael E. Estevez Hernandez, MD