Itchy, Irritated Skin 6 Weeks After TT

Hi, I have done my tummy tuck 6 weeks ago, the results are just too good and I am very happy with it, I am just facing some skin irretation these days, my belly skin is too itchy, sometimes it drives me crazy, is that normal? and is there anything I can do to help it go less?

Itching after TT

+3

I'm sorry to hear about your itching problem.  Have you contacted your plastic surgeon? They are in the best position to help you.   Are you using any ointments, particularly an antibiotic ointment?  Many people will develop an allergy to these, which would cause itching.  Is the skin dry and irritated? In that case I would try a moisturizer.  Are you wearing an elastic garment that might be contributing to the problem?  As you can see, there is a long list of possibilities, and your surgeon is in the best position to sort this out for you.  Good luck.

Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon

Itching part of healing process post tumy tuck

+2

At 6 weeks post-op tummy tuck surgery, it is normal for you to experience some itching. Itching is an expected part of the healing process. You may use topical creams or anti-itching medications, such as benedryl to help relieve the itching discomfort.  I would avoid applying any creams or ointments on the incision area. Also, see your doctor to rule out any allergic component to the itch.

On this site, I do my best to give advice without a physical examination but I want you to know that a physical examination by a board certified physician is always the best way to get the most accurate information.

Itching after Tummy Tuck

+2

I would advise you consult with your operating surgeon. Causes could be medications you are taking. Are you putting anything on your skin?  Do you have any allergies. Is your incision healing well? t These questions and more can be explored with your surgeon and a dermatologist if indicated.

Richard Linderman, MD