Facial Hyperhidrosis - Itchy Face After Sweating

Hi, I am a 20 years old asian male. My face is itchy everytime i sweat and i have facial hyperhidrosis. The itching started after i did chemical peels for acne scars. I consulted a neurologist, but he said nothing effective could be done for facial hyperhidrosis. I realise that is might be a contributing factor to my acne as i cant help but scratch my face, particularly my forehead and jaw. What can be done to stop this sweating and itching?

Hyperhidrosis of the Face - Botox

+2

Botox is really good to help reduce facial sweating, which may help control the acne for the reasons you mentioned above. I don't recommend injecting it in areas where there are active infections/cystic acne. I would focus onn areas where the skin is healthy, but sweating excessively.

Buffalo General Surgeon

Itching after sweating is a relatively common problem...

+1

fortunately botox works very well for bothersome sweat no matter where...injected superficially into the skin, botox controls unwanted sweat within a week or so...I respectfully suggest the neurologist may not be conversant with using botox for sweating...actually the treatment remains one of the major dermatologic advances in the recent past...and better yet, side effects are basically unheard of in this area..

Ken Landow, MD

Hyperhidrosis treatment with Botox

+1

Botox injections are excellent for areas of hyperhidrosis on the face and body. I use this extensively with excellent results. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS