2 weeks after peel, experiencing itchy and burning sensation. Is this normal?

I had my 1st peel 2 weeks ago, there was no flaking and my skin looked great, however 2 weeks later I'm experiencing itchyness n burning sensations on my cheeks. Is this normal after so long? Its really uncomfortable and worrying. And my skin doesn't look as great as it did during the downtime. The peel was administered by a professional.

Itchiness and burning after a peel

+1
You do not mention what type of peel you had.  It was probably quite mild if you did not experience any flaking.  The itchiness and burning may be caused by the products you are now using.  You should speak to the person who treated you and ask for recommendations for products.  If you continue to have problems, please see a dermatologist.

Toronto Dermatologist

Burning after a Chemical Peel

+1
It is normal to feel dry and irritated after a chemical peel.  You should have been given rich emollients to use after the peel.  If you are still irritated after two weeks I would recommend you return to your treating physician for evaluation.

Michele S. Green, MD