Why Does my Tummy Tuck Scar Itch?

My tt was done 4/15/10 and whenever I put jeans or panties on it itch Like crazy. And how well do the silcon sheets work on flatten the scar? There very exspensive and I dnt want to waste money if they don't work .

Tummy Tuck Itchiness

+1
Itchiness is very common and is related to the healing process. Our patients have experienced great improvement using silicone sheeting and silicone gel, both of which can be used for new and old scars. 

Itching in tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) incision scar

+1

Itching is a  normal part of the healing process and can be attributable to histamine release in the wound or from nerve regeneration. Silicon sheeting can help if you are compliant with its use.