Itching Sensation 2 Years After Chin Implant, is It a Sign of Infection?

I had a medpor chin implant surgery 2 years ago, with 2 screws in place to fix the implant. Since one month I began noticing itching sensation deep below the skin at the site of one of the screws, and it is increasing in intensity and duration. The itching lasts for a few minutes and occurs on and off every few days. Other than that I dont have any regular signs of infection like swelling, fever or redness. Could this itching also be a sign of infection? -Stu, Longmont CO

Itching 2 years after your surgery could be sign of infection

+1

right now it is too earlier to tell but I would have your surgeon look at it and have them keep an eye on it. Redness, Swelling, Tenderness, Oozing, can all be signs of infection. Itching is the first level of pain and inlammation.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon