Is Itching Expected After Tummy Tuck?

Hi, I am planning to get my tummy tuck done and doing lots of research on the same. I just came across posts about itching after tummy tuck. Many of them who have undergone TT have posted that they are having severe itching inside the abdomen. I never knew about this and after reading these posts am really afraid of getting the tummy tuck done. If itching persists to such an extent after tummy tuck then I really feel that I do not want to go for TT. Please advice should I go for TT or not?

Itching it is normal in any healing process

itching  it is normal healing process, spetially in dark skined people, this is  caused by prostaglandines than produces in the prolipherative  wound healing phase normally should end up in a few couple of weeks

Itching after Tummy Tuck

Itching after tummy tuck surgery is normal. This is caused by the healing process and shouldn't be a concern unless you experience redness or a rash on the skin surface. The itching usually subsides after a few weeks. Every patient is different; some experience it longer than others.

Leo Lapuerta, MD

Itching after tummy tuck

While itching can occur in the post-op period of almost any surgery, I have not found severe or prolonged itching to occur in my patients after tummy surgery.  This is not a known or expected complication of this procedure.

Michael Leff, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon