Is Itching Expected After Tummy Tuck?

Hi, I am planning to get my tummy tuck done and doing lots of research on the same. I just came across posts about itching after tummy tuck. Many of them who have undergone TT have posted that they are having severe itching inside the abdomen. I never knew about this and after reading these posts am really afraid of getting the tummy tuck done. If itching persists to such an extent after tummy tuck then I really feel that I do not want to go for TT. Please advice should I go for TT or not?

Itching it is normal in any healing process

+2

itching  it is normal healing process, spetially in dark skined people, this is  caused by prostaglandines than produces in the prolipherative  wound healing phase normally should end up in a few couple of weeks

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Itching after Tummy Tuck

+1

Itching after tummy tuck surgery is normal. This is caused by the healing process and shouldn't be a concern unless you experience redness or a rash on the skin surface. The itching usually subsides after a few weeks. Every patient is different; some experience it longer than others.

Leo Lapuerta, MD

Itching after tummy tuck

+1

While itching can occur in the post-op period of almost any surgery, I have not found severe or prolonged itching to occur in my patients after tummy surgery.  This is not a known or expected complication of this procedure.

Michael Leff, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon