What Causes Itching After 5 Years from a Tummy Tuck?

I had a tummy tuck in 2006. Now I have intermittent itching around the navel area. It drives me crazy. I found a forum about this and could not believe how common this is. But, no one knows what to do about it. So far, benadryl, xanax & vicodin seem to be the solution for a temporary fix. But, it doesn't take away the problem. I tried cold compresses and that didn't work. Can this be an infection. Some think the nerves are repairing themselves. What is it?

Itching after Tummy Tuck?

+1

New onset " itching” around the navel area 5 years after tummy tuck  is unusual. Obviously, it is difficult to give good  advice without examination but some guesses include:   hypersensitivity to an  external contact such as soap or detergent,  abnormal scarring ( keloid),  an underlying permanent suture causing irritation or gradual return  of sensation ( after nerves were interrupted during your tummy tuck procedure).

+1

Very long time between the surgery and this "constant" issue. I might try an injection of long acting local around the area to see if the pattern is stopped. If yes, than a minor surgery to cut the scar around the umbilicus might do the trick. Just a thought!