Tip Longer Than the Bridge?

if after having a rhinoplasty to reduce the lenght of the nose the tip looks much more projected than the dorsum (or longer then the dorsum) what could the reason be?an over resected dorsum or an over rotated tip?and how could this problem be solved?what kind of grafts should be used?could you please suggest any internet site where i can see many before and after pictures of revision rhinoplasty to solve this kind of problem?thank you!

Tip longer than the bridge?

+1

Photos would really be necessary to provide you with the best advice.There are a few ways the nasal tip can be deprojected, and the chosen method will depend on the individual circumstances of the patient. If the lower lateral cartilages are too long, they may be shortened and this will deproject the nasal tip. In some cases, the ligaments between the nasal septum and tip cartilage may be released to deproject the nose. Another common method is to perform a medial and/or lateral crural overlay. The overlay technique rotates (lifts upward) and deprojects (brings the nose closer to the face) the nose. I hope this helps answer your questions, and I wish you the best of luck.

Tip Deprojection

+1

The tip can be deprojected or the dorsum augmented or a combination of both can be performed.  Tip deprojection through a closed approach can be performed under local in a few minutes in most situations.

Tip Longer Than the Bridge?

+1

I have performed Rhinoplasty and Revision Rhinoplasty for 25 years and the terms "tip rotation and tip pojection" are often confused by patients.  Tip rotation makes the nose appear either short (under-rotated tip) or long (the opposite).  Tip projection refers to the amount, regardless of where the tip is rotated, that the tip sticks off of the face.  From what you describe, photos would help, it sounds more like an over-projected tip.  I have used a localized technique to reduce this projection without a full revision Rhinoplasty

Tip longer with bridge reduced?

+1

An illusion of many rhinoplasties is that the nose looks longer when the bridge is reduced. If the tip appears longer, it can be reduced.