Skin Tightening Under Eyes VS. Fillers, Which Would Work Best? (photo)

I had a small Restylane injection 9 months ago under my eyes and it virtually eliminated the tear troughs that you see in photo 1 and 2. I need it again now, a doctor suggested skin tightening OR Perlane. I am curious about skin tightening, is it effective underneath eyes or should I just get Perlane? The desired look is Photo number 2 and Photo number 3, when my skin was nice and tight around the eyes. Would skin tightening around the eyes achieve this look? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Improving the under eye area. Fillers vs ?

+2

If there is hollowness or a depression in the under eye area, especially the junction between the lower eye lid and the cheek, then a filler is the best choice. Remember a filler does exactly what it sounds like. It fills. So, if there is hollowness or a depression, use a filler. Other options may be helpful if there is skin laxity or skin texture issues, such as crepe paper appearance, or etched lines or wrinkles.

Restylane and Belotero are my favorite under eye fillers. I often use a combination of the two because they each have different characteristics. Restylane is for lift, and Belotero is for superficial placement in thinner skin.

San Antonio Dermatologic Surgeon

Use restylane under those eyes

+2

I think that since you did well with Restylane you should use that again. Never mess with success. 

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Stick with what works

+2

Stick with what works. Fillers fill up hollow areas, which is what you have under your eyes. Laser tightens the skin, which you don't need.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Don't get perlane for the under eye area.

+2

Restylane is the preferred filler product for this area.  There is no reason that you can't have all the benefit you have enjoyed from the prior treatment.  Laser resurfacing procedures are may not provide what you need.