Over Rotated Tip? how to Fix This Bad Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I used to have a very straight nose but quite long.I underwent a rhinoplasty 1 year and a half ago in order to make it a bit shorter but i still wanted it to be straight and with a defined tip.ever since i noticed it didn't look straight anymore as if my tip was sticking out more then then the bridge.now the tip looks so rounded and nor really alligned with the bridge.what is wrong with it?

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

I would tend to agree with others that reduction in projection of the tip with possible augmentation of the radix and the consideration of a chin implant would probably give you the result you are seeking.

Over rotated tip

+1

It's hard to say completely with only these photos but your nose appears to be out of balance. My initial thoughts would be to decrease your projection some more and augment your radix which will give the "illusion" of making the lower part smaller. Good luck

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Need for Revision Rhinoplasty?

+1

Your nose is too large for your face, and the tip lacks shape ( very rounded), which is probably due to scar tissue underneath the skin..  You also have a small chin and fine features which accentuates the size of the nose.  I would recommend a revlsion surgery in which the tip was set back closer to your face, and the scar tissue removed  or excess remaining cartilage reshaped, taking care to leave adequate support.   I owuld also give consideraton to a chin implant to improve the facial proportions. Improving the tip refinement would help a lot.

Thomas A. Mustoe, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty revision

+1

Thank you for your photos.  Without an in person evaluation it is difficult to properly evaluate you.  A frontal view would help determine your tip concerns as well.

Nasal projection, nasal length and tip rotation following primary rhinoplasty.

+1

Based on the preoperative photo you submitted, it would appear that your tip rotation was acceptable.  However, the nasal tip was overprojected relative to the length of your nose and relative to the projection of the radix region (upper third).  My recommendation would have been to reduce the tip projection somewhat more than the middle third and even consider a small degree of augmentation to the radix.  Instead it seems as if all three levels were deprojected the same amount resulting in a nose that is still overprojected relative to its length.  The tip rotation has not changed significantly.  The tip appears less angular and more bulbous postoperatively.  This is directly related to the shaping maneuvers used to remodel the dome cartilage region.  Revision surgery will help you achieve your desired results.

Mario J. Imola, MD, DDS, FRCSC.

Mario J. Imola, MD, DDS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon