I had Restylane injections on my lower lip and after about 6-8 hours later it started really swelling. Is this normal? (photos)

I had restylane ( 1/2 dose) injections on my lower lip and after about 6-8 hours later it started really swelling...as soon as the doctor did it I asked him to take it out with another syringe,and I now look like this! Please help..I have to take the kids to the nursery this morning and don't want to get out of the house...help!

Lip swelling

+1
It is very common for the lips to swell like this after a dermal filler is used like restylane. 

If only a half of a syringe was used, the final result after swelling goes down will be very subtle.

I have done many lip injections for filling and have found that this is very common using sharp needles. I have since switched to using a blunt needle for filling the lips and have seen significantly less swelling and bruising.

Ice packs can help. Give it a week. I think you will be very happy when the swelling comes down.