I Had Rhinoplasty Done 5 Weeks Ago and I Have This Soft Bumps on Both Sides of my Nose? (photo)

the bumps were harder and they have soften but the are on both sides and they give my nose this terrible asymmetry....Is it a good sign that they softer???will they go away?on the right side is hard to see it on pics because is really close to the tip of the nose and it only makes the left side look awful,the swelling from the right side covers the cartilage and it doesnt have the definition that the left side hast because the left side has the inflamation on the side farther from the tip.help!

Bumps on the tip after rhinoplasty

+1
From your photo we really can't tell what the cause is. However, the 'bumps' are the lower tip cartilages on each side of the tip. How visible they remain, and how the tip softens over time, will depend on the design and goals of your procedure. Keep in touch with your surgeon to follow the progress.

Nasal Asymmetry after Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

It looks like you had an L-shaped silastic implant. If I'm correct, this is causing your tip asymmetry. It may also be a combination of tip cartilage asymmetry and implant asymmetry.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Bumps after rhinoplasty

+1

Due to the timing of your surgery, there is too much swelling to determine if those bumps are because of the swelling or because of the position of the cartilage on your tip. 

I recommend you closely watch them, and follow up with your Dr. By 6 months he sould be able to determine what the cause is.

Michel Siegel, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon