What is best for tear trough - Restylane or Perlane?

Hello, I am so confused because I know there are many different types of Restylane products on the market, so I am wondering if Restylane Perlane or Restylane Restylane is best for the tear trough area? I got this injected in my tear troughs 12 months ago with a great result but all I know is that it was Restylane, however I do not know which type it was.

Restylane is a better filler for the tear trough.

+1

Restylane and Perlane are both Hyaluronic acid fillers made by Medicis.The perlane is much thicker and is best for filling NLF, and cheeks. Restylane is a thinner filler, and is therefore better for the tear trough. Thicker fillers are sometimes noticable in this area. Belotero is a new filler from Merz that always works well in this area.

Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Restylane and Perlane

+1

Restylane and Perlane are both hyaluronic acid based fillers made by the company Medicis. Perlane tends to be a thicker substance and is not usually recommended in the tear trough area because the skin is thinner here. Restylane is another hyaluronic acid filler that is thinner and works very well in the tear trough. Most likely you had Restylane 12 months ago and I would recommend that over Perlane.

Jessica Kulak, MD
Fairfax Facial Plastic Surgeon

Restylane or Perlane?

+1

Hi Vally. You are confused. Restylane is not Perlane and Perlane is not Restylane. They are made by the same company and are different products.

Generally speaking, most injectors prefer Restylane for under the eyes. The consistency of the gel makes it conducive to this area and generally Perlane is a bit too thick. Good luck.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD