Columella Scar 30 Days Post Op? (photo)

Hello,I'm 30 days post-op (open rhinoplasty). My columella scar is not healing very well as you can see in photos. My surgeon told me the skin has slided a bit on the lower edge and he would want to revise it immediately (next week). Isn't too early to revise the scar?The tip is yet very swollen... Thank you!

Columella Scar After Rhinoplasty #nosejob

+2

If you were my patient I would not touch that scar for more than 6 months unless it splits open. No reason to do that at this stage. If it is healing, let it heal. It will remodel and change for 12 months. If it needs revision I would let it be for a minimum of 6 months if not longer because they change so much. Don't be in such a rush. This does not sound like an emergency to me. There are only a few emergencies post Rhinoplasty that need to be dealt with right away, and this one is not on that list.

Columella Scar 30 Days Post Op?

+2

Photo demonstrates poor aligned tissues. Best to discuss with your surgeon. You will need revision surgery. 

Columella Scar 30 Days Post Op?

+2

The caudal septal deflection is more noticeable than the scar abnormality.  30 days is early to revise a scar is early, but your surgeon may have a good reason to do it.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Poorly Healing Columella Incision Scar at One Month Post-Op

+1

Hi Kari,

The columellar incision on your right side is too high.  Revision will not change that at this point.  I would let your tissues heal and revise your incision in 6 to 12 months.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD