Am I a Good Candidate for Fillers? Sagging Eyes. (photo)

Hey everyone, I am 25 and have prominent tear troughs. Will a filler fully eliminate the tear trough line under my eyes? What could the negative effect be of fillers? when I squint, the line is not present. When i cover the line with concealer, it masks the line well. I have included photos. I was one really pretty and now the lines make me look ugly. Can I get fillers now and then when I am older get blefaroplasty with fat transfer? Thanks."

A filler will help

+2

Your moderate tear troughs can be minimized with the use of a hyaluronic acid filler.  The up side of using a filler is that there is no down time. The improvement achieved can last for about a year.  I should add that the potential down side is that you could bruise as a result of injury to a blood.  Another factor to be concerned about is the formation of a lump but this can be minimized with the use of a diluted solution of the hyaluronic acid.  Make sure you see a physician that has experience filling the tear troughs.  Best of luck! 

Oakland Plastic Surgeon

Tear troughs

+1

It does look like you have some tear trough issues and that you may benefit from filler. The best thing to do is go for an evaluation.  Ciao!

Tear Trough and Fillers

+1

The tear trough shadow is one of the most common areas to use facial fillers. This can be very effective, and last more than a year in most patients. The hyaluronic acid fillers are safe and do not prevent you from undergoing eyelid surgery or fat transfer in the future. Possible negative effects include poor placement of the filler, bruising and swelling, or overfilling the area. The good news is that these are all temporary problems, and either time or hyaluronidase enzyme can adjust the problem areas. Remember that no procedure can correct 100% of any problem, but it can help enormously.

Ira D. Papel, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon