How to Get a Healthy Tan?

i like being tan, but aware of risk that i could get skin cancer. what's a healthy way to get a tan?

I see many patients who think getting tan by using...

+3

I see many patients who think getting tan by using sunscreens is a healthy approach. I’m sorry to say that it’s not! When selecting a sunscreen, it is important to look for a product that contains both UVA and UVB.

There is no healthy tan

+1

Understand that your body produces pigment in response to an injury therefore the only way for you to get a natural tan is to damage your skin.  If you really like the look of tanned skin, a spray tan is a good option. 

Joseph Campanelli, MD
Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon