Is It Common to Combine Breast Augmentation with Tummy Tuck Surgery?

I'm 45 yrs. old, and I'd like to have breast augmentation and a tummy tuck procedure done at the same time.  Are these surgeries a good cominbation to have done at the same time, or is it advised to have two separate surgeries?

Breast Augmentation and Tummy Tuck are often Combined for a Mommy Makeover

+5

Breast Augmentation and Breast Implants are often combined with Tummy Tuck or Abdominoplasty and done at the same operation. This is sometimes called the Mommy Makeover.

These two procedures can be done safely together. Your recovery may be a little longer that if each is done separately. However the benefit of having one surgery and one anesthesia outweighs the inconvenience of a few days of extra recovery.

Most patients in my experience are very satisfied with this combined procedure which restores the pre pregnancy body shape for many women.

Web reference: http://drseckel.com/surgical-procedures/mommy-makeover/

Breast augmentation with a tummy tuck is a perfect combination!

+4

Many Moms seeking a "mommy makeover" choose to rejuvenate both their breasts and their abdominal regions at the same time.

As the breasts are often deflated after breastfeeding, an implant is placed to add back volume. Both saline and silicone implants are available; for thin women with little breast tissue, I usually recommend silicone for the most natural look and feel.

An abdominoplasty, or tummy tuck, is the perfect accompaniment for a mommy makeover!

During this procedure, excess skin and fat from the lower abdomen is removed, the rectus abdominis muscles of the abdominal wall are brought back together in the midline, and liposuction is also often added to create definition to the waist.

Be sure to visit a Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon with experience in the procedures you are seeking!

Good luck!

The combo procedure of breast and tummy (aka – mommy makeover) is very commonly done together and safe.

+3

1.       The benefits of combing the procedures include less total recovery time, less cost (Anesthesia, facility), less interrupting to your life, family and job.  Most important, it can reduce the risk of undergoing multiple separate procedures.

2.       I strongly advise you speak with your plastic surgeon about the length of a combined procedure.  Anesthesia is statically safer for combined procedure that are less than 6hrs.

3.       Combining the 2 procedures is a fantastic way to more quickly achieve the result you want before beach time.

4.       I find that husbands and families are more supportive of a single surgery rather than multiple separate operations.

5.       Don’t forget everything you have done for your family…….it’s time to get your body back and make you feel better.  This is not a selfish decision.

Have a great weekend!  Thank you!

Combining tummy tuck and breast augmentation

+2

The tummy tuck and breast augmentation can certainly be completed at the same time, provided you are a good candidate for surgery and anesthesia. I like to alter the breast and abdomen, as well as the lower body, at the same time since this allows —with proper planning—one operative procedure for a major body balance change. In this manner, the breast projection, buttock projection and flat tummy can all be achieved in harmonious proportion to each other, and you will get some powerful results.

For a procedure of this type (a.k.a "Mommy Makeover"), I like to work together with my patients to figure out what will work best for them. I typically do this with a combination of a physical examination and the use of pre-operative photographs so that we can determine some realistic results and expected improvements.

Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Combining Breast Augmentation and Tummy Tuck for Mommy Makeover

+2

The "Mommy Makeover" is a term used to describe procedures, or groups of procedures to address common effects of childbirth, (Breast sagging and loss of volume, extra skin on abdomen). For the breasts treatment can include augmentation and /or lift. For the abdomen treatment can include abdominoplasty, (tummy tuck) and/or liposuction. During the tummy tuck, a plication, (sewing together) of the muscles separated during pregnancy can be done.

Often times the breast and abdomen procedures can be done at the same time. However, this all depends on what physical shape you are in, how much work needs to be done, and what type of help you have at home for your recovery.

Always best to go to you Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and have him/her evaluate you.

These operations can be very powerful to restore your look and how you feel about yourself. Some of our most happy patients ate the "Mommy Makeover" patients who wish they had done this years earlier.

Mommy makeover with tummy tuck and breast augmentation

+2

The tummy tuck and breast augmentation can easily be done together and it makes sense to do so. A good surgeon can do a great job with both and still keep your anesthesia time to a minimum. Yes, your recovery will be more involved, but I would suggest that you find a surgeon that routinely uses pain pumps following breast augmentation surgery. This will make the recovery more tolerable.

Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Mommy makeover

+1
These surgeries are very commonly combined. It is both safe and efficient to have both procedures at once - one anesthetic, one recovery, and one fantastic result. We commonly refer to this combination as a "mommy makeover".

Web reference: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19336172

Combining a breast augmentation with a tummy tuck

+1

Absolutely! It is very common to have both surgeries done together & more recommended. For example, if you separate the two surgeries not only will it cost more because you would have to pay double anesthesia & OR fees, it'll also take longer to recover so then you would need more time off of work. It is completely safe to have both surgeries done at the same time.

Breast and tummy

+1

It is common to perform breast augmentation and tummy tuck during the same operation.  This is commonly referred to as "mommy makeover."  Combining the surgeries leads to 1 recovery period and potentially some cost savings over splitting up the surgeries.

Web reference: http://www.dassmd.com/breast-augmentation/index.html

Combining a breast augmentation and a tummy tuck

+1

Thank you for your question. It is quite common to combine a tummy tuck and breast augmentation at the same time. This is often referred to as a mommy make over, as it can address many of the changes that occur in a woman's body after childbirth. Because the breasts and belly are often viewed together, this combination can restore and enhance your torso, making your clothes fit better and you to feel better.

There are also advantages to combining the procedures. These typically include less cost than doing the procedures separately and overlapping the recovery times. An evaluation by a plastic surgeon will determine if you are well suited for both procedures.

Best of luck with your breasts and belly.

Jeff Rockmore

Albany Plastic Surgeon