25 days post op Rhinoplasty, will my columella drop more? (photo)

I'm 25 five days post closed rhinoplasty. I am very concerned from the look and my columella,and i can see that it dropa and look bigger when i smile. Is this swelling or dropping tip that requires revision? Please help me. Thanks for your time and answers.

You appear to have a nice improvement after rhinoplasty surgery.

Your right profile has a bit of a long appearance, but this is not seen on your left photo. 25 days is too early to judge your result. You should bring your concerns to the attention of your surgeon for reassurance, and review your before and after photos together.

Hope this helps you.

Dr. Joseph

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Too soon to judge

Thank you for your question!

It is understandable that you are concerned especially with your perception of your columella. Changes after rhinoplasties vary with every patient and what you are experiencing is normal especially that swelling takes time to subside as it masks the results of your surgery.

Unfortunately, with the pictures posted, the lack of surgical details and the inability to perform a physical exam it is not possible to provide you with a definitive medical answer.

It is important to keep in mind that it is early to pass a judgment. Usually, a year is required before formulating how your nose will be. Even then, your nose will keep shaping itself and to complement your face for better results in the years to come.

My best recommendations at the moment is to be patient, allow nature to take its course and edema subsides for better results. There is no doubt that once the swelling resolves, more definition and shape will be achieved and you should be happier with the results.

Also, it is important that you keep communicating with your surgeon and work as a team together to achieve the best results possible.

Congratulations on your surgery and please remain positive!

Ali Sajjadian, MD FACS

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS