Isotretinoin Dosage Change

I took isotretinoin for 3 months, 2 pills a day, each 20mg and the results are very good i dont have acne, so i wonder for how long should i continue and should i change the dosage, i only have dry skin and cracked lips.

Accutane dosage depends on weight

+2

Your treating dermatologist can discuss your dosage. Some like lower doses for longer treatment courses; others prefer higher doses for a shorter time. The dosage is based on your weight, but the lowest dose that gives you good results is optimal.

New Orleans Dermatologist

Changing the dose of Accutane

+2

The course of Accutane, presuming you are taking it for moderate to severe acne or acne with scarring, is from 4 to 6 months, with an average dose of 1 mg/kg/day.  Three months and/or 40 mg per day may look great now, but may have higher chances of a relapse after you finish the course of treatment.  I would discuss the treatment strategy with your doctor.

Emily Altman, MD
Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon