Isolaz Treatment for Moderate Acne?

I am 32 and have had moderate acne for 3 years consisting of inflamed papules. I am currently on doxycycline and Duac gel (have been on this regimen for 4 months). My acne is pretty constant so would you recommend Isolaz treatments? If so, how often and is it worth it? I had a consultation today at a medispa that my derm runs in addition to her practice, and the esthetician that I met with recommended this.

Isolaz Can Help Comedonal and Inflammatory Acne

+1

We have a very busy acne practice and have had great results with Isolaz on mild to moderate comedonal and inflammatory acne.  However, it is not a stand alone treatment, but better used in conjunction with other acne treatments.  For best results, I recommend doing a series (about four to six) of treatments at weekly intervals.  If weekly is too frequent for your schedule, try not to go longer than 3-4 weeks between treatments so as to maximize your results.   Duac can be very drying, especially in the winter, making the treated area very sensitive to the Isolaz. I would recommend holding the Duac a few days prior to the Isolaz treatment. 

Yes it can help

+1

I've seen great results with comedonal and pustular acne with the Isolaz.  Has your physician ruled out all possible causes of acne such as gluten allergy or hormonal imbalance?  I try to always ascertain the root cause of acne - if yours is caused by blockage of the oil glands, then the Isolaz will definitely help.  If it is due to something else this may not be the best use of your time and money.

Laura Skellchock, MD
Boca Raton Dermatologic Surgeon

Try Isolaz for Pustular Acne

+1

Based on your information and our experience with Isolaz, I would recommend it for pustular acne. We have found the results to be much quicker for pustular versus cystic acne, which takes longer/more treatments to achieve results. You should try this option as it is a healthier alternative to medication for treating the acne. Also try to analyze your lifestyle, including your at home regime. Diet can make a big difference to your complexion, especially if you have intolerance to some food but do not know it yet.

At the Victoria Park Medispa, we have developed our own treatment protocol and at home regime for our Isolaz clients and make sure to set our clients expectations for the realities of the treatment. We also offer complimentary Isolaz consultations and skin analysis so our clients can make educated decisions for them. Any esthetic tool needs to be in the right hands, to achieve the best possible results.

Steven Bernstein, MD
Montreal Dermatologic Surgeon