Is It Normal for Nose to Look the Same Size 2 Weeks After Rhinoplasty?(photo)

I had septo-rhinoplasty surgery 15 days ago. The aim of the surgery was to straighten the septum, and also to remove a large dorsal hump, raise the tip abit, and in general just make it look smaller. The dorsal hump is gone, and the tip has been lifted, although it has slightly dropped in comparence to my first few days. However the actual size (width, mild asymmetry, overall size,) look pretty much the same. Is this swelling? Isit normal? My surgeon told me its normal. Any advice?

Same size 2 weeks after rhinoplasty

You must be patient for at least 4 weeks than compare photos. Also after 3 months if still not happy consider a revision at 6 months post op. From MIAMI Dr. B

Healing from rhinoplasty takes a very long time

Healing from rhinoplasty surgery takes a very long time. In fact, the nose continues to heal for at least one year after surgery and this time may be prolonged in patients who are undergoing revision rhinoplasty. Remember to try to be patient and follow up with your surgeon regularly. He or she will be able to provide you with the reassurance needed during the healing process. Thanks for sharing your question. I hope this helps! Good luck, Dr. Harmych

Brian Harmych, MD
Cleveland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose Looks Same 2 Weeks after Rhinoplasty

I guarantee your nose is swollen 2 weeks after surgery. This is normal, especially in men who tend to have thicker skin. I know it is easy for me to say, but be patient.

Nose May Appear to Be Same Size 2 Weeks After Rhinoplasty

Hi Andy,

Be patient.  It is normal for the nose to take awhile before you see the results.  It often takes months for the nose to settle down after rhinoplasty.  Your nose looks great at 2 weeks. Follow your rhinoplasty surgeon's advice.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD
Encino Facial Plastic Surgeon