Is It Normal for Nose to Look the Same Size 2 Weeks After Rhinoplasty?(photo)

I had septo-rhinoplasty surgery 15 days ago. The aim of the surgery was to straighten the septum, and also to remove a large dorsal hump, raise the tip abit, and in general just make it look smaller. The dorsal hump is gone, and the tip has been lifted, although it has slightly dropped in comparence to my first few days. However the actual size (width, mild asymmetry, overall size,) look pretty much the same. Is this swelling? Isit normal? My surgeon told me its normal. Any advice?

Same size 2 weeks after rhinoplasty

+2

You must be patient for at least 4 weeks than compare photos. Also after 3 months if still not happy consider a revision at 6 months post op. From MIAMI Dr. B

Nose Looks Same 2 Weeks after Rhinoplasty

+1

I guarantee your nose is swollen 2 weeks after surgery. This is normal, especially in men who tend to have thicker skin. I know it is easy for me to say, but be patient.

Nose May Appear to Be Same Size 2 Weeks After Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi Andy,

Be patient.  It is normal for the nose to take awhile before you see the results.  It often takes months for the nose to settle down after rhinoplasty.  Your nose looks great at 2 weeks. Follow your rhinoplasty surgeon's advice.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD