Is Water Assisted Liposuction Hype?

I saw this video and wondered if you could comment, is water-assisted liposuction a significant advance in liposuction techniques. Do you use this technique or plan to soon? Do you know how much it costs to purchase.

Please get a cosultation with a board certified plastic surgeon

+2

Water jet lipo is another technique and the result depends on your surgeon than the machine. I have attended a seminar for the water jet lipo and was not impressed. liposuction is the most common procedure in plastic surgey and you willl get a good result with traditional lipo,vaser, laser lipo or water jet lipo if the surgeon is good.

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Water assisted liposuction is neither magic, nor hype

+1

It is another tool in the inventory of liposuction. We have found slight advantages in one technique over another with laser liposuction, power assist liposuction, and water assisted liposuction.

An experienced surgeon with a good reputation will be your best area to focus your search, rather than the subtleties of which instrument he or she uses. 

Having said that -- there are slight differences one could note with water assisted liposuction. There may be less residual fluid left in the treated area, so theoretically this could mean less time to get to your goal size. Also the fat cells can be "harvested" for use as volume fillers in areas such as the face, hands breasts,etc in the same patient. There is not a clear consensus on this however.

Christopher J. Peers, MD
South Bend Facial Plastic Surgeon

Water assisted liposuction is hype.

+1

Hi.

Avoid anything that sounds promotional. Tumescent liposuction is minimally invasive, time tested, and gets great results.  Why look for something else?

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Water-assisted lipo is another gimmick

+1

Water-assisted lipo is yet another gimmick. Liposuction is filled with them. The results from lipo really depend upon your surgeon's experience with his or her chosen technique. I have tried Vaser, Smart Lipo and ultrasound assisted lipo over the years and see very little difference in the results when adding technologies.

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon