Is Velashape a Good Cellulite Treatment?

I'm looking for a cellulite treatment - is Velashape a good one? What other cellulite treatments is it comparable to?

Good treatments for cellulite

+2

It is unfortunate that so many companies pray on patients looking for an easy cheap fix for cellulite.  There is a repackaging of some old technology with a sexy name every month.  Cellulite can be improved and it just depends on the type of cellulite a person has.  Is it deep cellulite with abundant fat, or is it localized 'problem spots?'  In general I recommend you avoid any technologies involving focused ultrasound or radio-frequency as Thermage and other technologies are well known for creating deformities.

In general I like to treat cellulite like you describe with a combination of diode laser  to gentlly reduce and smooth the subcutaneous fat with an infrared deep dermal heating for skin tightening.  In cases like yours I feel this is the best option.  The devices I use are iLipo by Chromogenix for fat reduction and SkinTyte II from Sciton for skin contraction and smoothing.  There may be other similar products out there but I dont recommend following advertiser hype in choosing your treatment.

Choose a reputable plastic surgeon with experience with these technologies and with conventional techniques.  You need to be evaluated by a plastic surgeon who can guide you.  Depending exam you may be better off with a liposuction modality.  In certain cases I use hydrojet liposuction (BodyJet by humanmed)  to reduce problem areas ann smooth the skin  this is particularly useful for deeper large cellulite where some fat grafting is added back to the deeper areas after the liposuction.

I hope this helps!

Rian A. Maercks M.D.

Best treatment is Cellulaze

+1

The most efficient cellulite treatment is Cellulaze. This is a minimally invasive cellulite reduction treatment that has the ability to smooth out skin and keep it cellulite-free. Cellulaze fights cellulite from under the skin.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Cellulaze Best for Cellulite Reduction

+1

Thank you for your question. I would suggest Cellulaze to reduce your cellulite. Cellulaze is the only minimally invasive laser procedure designed to attack the structure of cellulite beneath your skin. It delivers longer-lasting results after only one short treatment. It is the first and only cellulite laser treatment that treats the actual problems underneath the skin to deliver a proven longer-lasting result from just one simple treatment. Cellulaze is backed by many years of clinical research. Studies have shown it increases the thickness of your skin by 25% and the elasticity of your skin by 29%—significant claims that haven't been made by any other treatments. Thicker and more elastic skin can help flatten and smooth the skin surface to improve the appearance of cellulite. In addition, 93% of patients surveyed were satisfied or very satisfied with their results at one year post their procedure, and all would recommend the Cellulaze cellulite laser treatment to a friend.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Cellulaze fo cellulite treatment

+1

I would recommend Cellulaze for the treatment of your persistent cellulite.  It is the only FDA-approved one time minimally invasive treatment for cellulite.  It treats all anatomice causes of cellulite.  Other modalities only treat one or two fo the problems, so the relust is only temporary or suboptimal. Talk to a board-certified plastic surgeon that has experience with the procedure to find out more information.  Good luck!

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Cellulite treatment

+1

Endermologie® is a non-invasive procedure that is used to reduce cellulite, tone the skin and increase circulation. Endermologie takes place during a series of 35 to 45 minute sessions, during which rollers and gentle suctioning are applied to deeply massage the affected areas. Endermologie helps your body to expel toxins and abnormal water buildup while stretching the connective fibers under the skin. Learn morehttp://www.heddenmd.com/html/spa.html#endermologie.

During VelaShape™ cellulite treatment, the technician will apply the VelaShape™ hand piece over the areas to be treated. Some clients experience a mild pinching sensation on the surface of the skin which can be eliminated by adjusting the tension of the rollers. There are no adverse side effects, and you’ll be able to return to your regular activities right away.

William J. Hedden, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Velashape an excellent FDA approved alternative for cellulite

+1

We have been very pleasedwith theresults we have been getting with the Velashape traetments for cellulite.  As long as your expectations are realistic, our patients have been overwhelmingly satisfied.

W. Tracy Hankins, MD