Velashape vs. Endermologie

Which one is better for cellulite?

VelaShape vs. Endermology

+4

We have provided Endermology for many years at my practice with excellent results.  We picked up the VelaShape and found this to be a superior treatment for cellulite, skin tightening and circumferential reduction.  The difference between the two is that Endermology works with deep tissue massage and Velashape uses deep tissue massage plus infrared plus radio frequency.  Therefore, we're able to obtain faster results with less treatments with Velashape as compared to Endermology.  On the other hand, for certain patients with particular medical conditions, Endermology may be a better option for them.  Everybody is unique and I highly recommend that you come in for a proper evaluation to find the safest, most effective treatment for you and your unique needs.  Please let me know if I can help!

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Velashape offers more energy delivery and possibly results

+4

Endermologie relies on a system of rollers and it is mainly a mechanical system to reduce cellulite and intercellular swelling. It is one of the oldest technique available for cellulite reduction.

Velashape is the first device of that sort that is FDA approved and relies on three components:

1. A vacum and mechanical systems.
  2. A radio frequency energy delivery.
  3. An infrared light.

The latter two help to deliver energey to the subdermis and to the fat .In my mind this is the main advantage over other techniques as it will tighten the skin and reduce the circumference of some areas.

The most important issue is to be realistic about the goals of this treatment, it is not a replacement for liposuction, but I beleive it is a nice addition to boy treatments.

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD, FACS

VelaShape utilizes rollers, radiofrequency and infrared light

+3

VelaShape is a much nicer alternative than Endermologie as it not only incorporates the vacuum rollers as in Endermologie, but also utilizes radiofrequency energy and infrared light to heat the tissues and allow for skin tightening and improvement of cellulite.  VelaShape is FDA approved for both cellulite reduction as well as circumferential reduction.  Both my P.A. and my aesthetician perform these procedures in my office.

Sanjay Grover, MD

Cellulaze Best for Cellulite Reduction

+1

Thank you for your question. I would suggest Cellulaze to reduce your cellulite. Cellulaze is the only minimally invasive laser procedure designed to attack the structure of cellulite beneath your skin. Cellulaze is backed by many years of clinical research. Studies have shown it increases the thickness of your skin by 25% and the elasticity of your skin by 29%—significant claims that haven't been made by any other treatments. Thicker and more elastic skin can help flatten and smooth the skin surface to improve the appearance of cellulite. In addition, 93% of patients surveyed were satisfied or very satisfied with their results at one year post their procedure, and all would recommend the Cellulaze cellulite laser treatment to a friend.

Daniel Shapiro, MD