Is VASER Liposelection Safe to Use with Sensitive Skin Conditions Such As Eczema?

My main concern is that I have eczema and I don't how my skin would react to the vaser lipo procedure. what type of effect does vaser lipo have on people with sensitive skin and skin conditions such as eczema?

VASER Liposuction and Eczema

+1

Eczema is a term describing a large group of skin disorders associated with rashes, dryness and itchiness. In a large number of cases they are caused by the body's immune system.

Since the VASER works BELOW the skin it will not interfere with a skin process. BUT it is important to make sure that the surgical soap used before liposuction will not worsen the process and that the tiny incisions used for liposuction can be placed in non affected areas to reduce possible inflammation.

Is VASER lipo safe in people with Eczema?

+1

Hi there-

As long as your eczema is under reasonable control, and as long as there weren't any actively inflamed skin lesions in areas where skin port incisions were planned, I would not think there is any reason VASER lipo would not be available to you.

As with any other procedure and preoperative condition, we would want to make sure the conditions were optimal prior to surgery, so a visit to your dermatologist would be wise.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Vaser and Eczema

+1

First, you need to discuss this with the dermatologist who treats you for eczema. It is rather unlikely that there would be any problems as long as your dermatologist feels the eczema is well-controlled and gives you the green light.

Edmond A. Zingaro, MD