Is Vaser Right for my Thigh and Butt Area?

Im 28 years old and im considering vaser on my butt and thigh area. Im 5'0 and I weigh 128. Fat collects on my butt and hips and makes my upper body disportion to my lower. My pants gap very badly in around the waist. Im anxious about vaser, but I don't want to mess up my shape. Is there a better procedure out there?

Vaser delivers.

+1

I have been using Vaser for the bulk of my liposuctions for six years. I use it because it works better than conventional ultrasonic liposuction and the typical tumescent techniques. However, in some cases it's not necessary. Most 28 year olds have excellent skin tone and don't need Vaser for spectacular results. As in most things, the devil is in the details. Success is based more on who's holding the cannula more than what kind it is.

VASER liposuction for buttocks and thighs.

+1

Ultrasonic-assisted liposuction also called VASER is a method of removing subcutaneous fat in the focal areas of your body. The most common areas tend to be the trunk and lower extremities, especially in women who tend to deposit fat in the areas below the hips/waistline versus men, who tend to deposit fat around the abdomen.

There are 3 general types of liposuction. Conventional liposuction uses rigid cannulas and shearing forces to suck out the fat. Ultrasound assisted technology treats the fat by liquefying those areas using sound waves. Laser assisted liposuction liquefies fat by laser energy.

All 3 methods are efficacious and it depends on the skill and experience of your board certified plastic surgeon to choose the method that is best for you. In general, ultrasonic-assisted or VASER liposuction cost more because it takes longer to perform the procedure. In my opinion, it has a significant advantage over conventional liposuction because of shorter recovery times.

The laser assisted liposuction methods are relatively new and there is a significant learning curve. I would make sure that the surgeon that you choose has done at least 30 laser assisted liposuction surgeries prior to having yours done.

All of these methods are excellent for treating lipodystrophy (fatty tissue deposits) around your buttocks and thigh areas. I hope this helps. Good luck.

Kenneth Bermudez, MD

VASER lipo vs other options

+1

Regardless of the technology, the decision about whether or not to have liposuction depends on having localized disproportionate areas of fat that are resistant to change with diet and exercise, and reasonoably good skin tone in the area. I have been using ultrasound with lipo for more than 12 years and the VASER is the best version of that. Be very wary of claims about skin tightening from either laser procedures or VASER, since any extra tightening is minor. From your description, it sounds like you are a good candidate for the procedure.

Richard Baxter, MD

Vaser Liposuction vs. Vaser Shape

+1

Tumescent liposuction using Vaser ultrasound technology should be considered a gold standard. However, performing liposuction on the thighs can be tricky and has the risk of leaving furrows/bands if the liposuction is too aggressive, particularly if larger caliber cannula is used. You should look into Vaser Shape, made by same company that utilizes ultrasonic vibration to melt fats. It is much safer and can achieve significant body contouring without the risk of scar, bleeding, infection, or uneven results.

William Ting, MD
Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon

Yes, VASER liposuction works

+1

VASER Liposelection really works.  I've used VASER, Smartlipo, Cool lipo and the Bodyjet lipo systems.  In my hands, I feel the VASER works better overall in most patients.  The ultrasonic energy is gentle and I don't see burns like you can get with Smart lipo and other laser lipo machines.  I also see more skin tightening with VASER and can do patients who have moderately loose skin. 

Stanley Castor, MD

Vaser Safety

+1

Dear Hippygirl,

I would like to second Dr. Soto's comments.

I too have used the various liposuction modalities out there and have so far found that the VASER / LIPOSELECTION beats all of them. It is superior in precision, less tissue trauma and swelling / bruising and post-op discomfort to the patient.

It is useable everywhere we normally do liposuction, especially in the areas you inquired.

Hope this helped.

No, Vaser is not right

+1

Hi there- In my opinion (I have experience using all types of liposuction devices, including the VASER, laser devices like the SlimLipo device, and tumescent liposuction), there is no more effective and safe option than the VASER. The VASER uses ultrasound energy to disrupt the fatty tissue, while PRESERVING nerves and blood vessels. This is a very important point, because the laser devices actually cause injury to these structures- the manufacturer's, in most cases, say that this injury ("coagulation") is an advantage, because it will result in "less bruising"... The VASER produces very little bruising, because you blood vessels are minimally disturbed by the ultrasound. Further, getting to keep all of the blood vessels you came into the world with seems like a big advantage to me. The other devices do work, but in my opinion they don't work as well and can't match the safety profile of the VASER.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS