Nose and Chin. Can these be done simultaneously with the type of results I'm looking for? (photo)

I'm looking to (sometime in the future) get my chin and nose fixed.  Attached is a photoshopped picture of my ideal before & after. They're not huge changes but would probably make a huge difference

Can rhinoplasty and chin augmentation be done together?

+2

Rhinoplasty and chin augmentation are commonly performed at the same time and there is no problem with combining these procedures.  In fact, both procedures frequently compliment the other.  I believe you have set realistic goals in regards to results you might achieve with the surgery.  

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and Chin Augmentation

+2

The answer is yes, and yes.  Rhinoplasty and chin augmentation are frequently performed simultaneously to enhance facial harmony. Although there is never a guarantee of good results, the bottom photo shows a realistic and achievable result in the hands of an experienced Surgeon.  Given that Rhinoplasty is one of the more difficult facial aesthetic procedures, choose your Surgeon carefully

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Without a doubt they can be performed together

+1

These are frequently perfromed together as a small chin makes the nose look larger.   I personally prefer to do them at the same time as it allows me to create balance in one surgery, especially when there is some undertainty as to which chin implant will look the best.   Also doing the two surgeries at the same time will usually save you cost and the recovery time is virtually the same for doing just a rhinoplasty and a rhinoplasty and chin implant.

Best regards,

Dr. Lane Smith

Lane Smith, MD

Rhinoplasty & Chin Augmentation Combination

+1

Rhinoplasty is not infrequently combined with Chin Augmentation because they both are centered on the face and project out from the face, thus complimenting each other when in balance.  Doing both procedures at once is also a relatively safe surgery in an otherwise healthy patient.  I commend you on your noticing this aesthetic feature on yourself and creating quite a nice result with "photoshop".  Your next step is to visit a board certified plastic surgeon who has experience with both of these procedures.  Glad to help... @drryanstanton

Ryan Stanton, MD

Rhinoplasty and chin augmentation

+1

The picture shown is a reasonable result to be obtained with a rhinoplasty and chin augmentation. The nose surgery and chin surgery are complementary to each other. Reducing the projection of the nose and increasing the projection of the chin produce better facial balance.  Please see our photo  gallery for many examples similar to your own.

Rhinoplasty and Chin Augmentation Combo

+1

What you have imaged are very realistic results that would make a nice change to your facial features and profile. It is very common to do these two procedures together to create exactly the simultaneous facial change that you are showing.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD