Is This It? 3 Months Post Op, Am I Done Healing? (photo)

I'm almost 3 months post op and this is currently my before and after picture. Does it look like it's done healing/swelling? I really am not happy with the results, I feel like it's still too big for my face/chin (which are very small). I know I'm supposed to wait a year for final results, but I know by this point it should be pretty close to healed. I also have an indent across the bridge of my nose (between my eyes) and a ridge down the side. Should I be concerned?

You will still have swelling after 3 months

+1

In general, 70% of the swelling is resolved after 3 months, and the remainder goes down over time. It can take 18-24 months to see the final result of a rhinoplasty. The nose will continue to change and improve as you heal. The swelling can be influenced by the thickness of the patient's skin, whether tip work was performed, whether the procedure was open or closed, and whether or not the procedure was a revision. It is important to be patient during the healing process, as it can take some time.  In the meantime, I would recommend communicating any post-operative concerns with your surgeon. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Web reference: http://www.spaldingplasticsurgery.com/face/rhinoplasty/

3 Months after Rhinoplasty and Worries

+1

Your nose has definitely been improved, but it may take several more months to see the final result.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Rhinoplasty.php

Rhinoplasty results at a few months is too soon.

+1

Rhinoplasty results at a few months is too soon. It takes 1 year for the final results so be patient and if at that time you are unhappy send in your photos.