Is There Fillers for the Top of Feet to Hide Veins?

My skin is thinning and I have a very pale complextion. My once pretty feet show every vein now, is there any I can do?

Spider Veins and Telangiectasia on the Feet: Options for improvement

+2

The goal of treatment is to identify whether the visible veins are true varicosities, or abnormal veins, or whether the problem arises from thin skin and subcutaneous tissue. The options for treatment include the following:

• Injection sclerotherapy
  • Microphlebectomy
  • Fat grafting
  • Sculptra injection

The choice of treatment is based on the thickness of your tissues and the caliber of the veins.

Several options.

+1

I am getting more and more inquiries concerning the treatment of foot veins. Although fillers can be used to try to hide the veins, this is an expensive, short term solution. I feel that the best treatment for veins would be either sclerotherapy, removal through small 2mm incisions(microphlebectomies) or, if the veins are large enough-laser ablation.

Naples General Surgeon

Fillers For Feet

+1

Unfortunately, I don't recommend fillers to help hide the veins on the feet.  It is such a sensitive place on the body that I generally feel it's not a good idea for my patients.  I also typically don't recommend Sclerotherapy but there may be an option for you with a vascular physician.

Fillers for the Feet

+1

Either Radiesse or Sculptra can easily and safely be used for this purpose.

Radiesse gives instant results that should last for at least one year.

Sculptra takes several treatment sessions but can last much longer.

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Fillers for the feet or microphlebectomy

+1

As a phlebologist, I have performed microphlebectomy on the feet but do so very cautiously and caution patients that the risk of numbness is much higher because there are sensory nerves in this area where injury could cause debilitating discomfort.

The area rubs on the shoes and any numbness or increased sensitivity (hypersensitivity) can be sensed with every step. I tell patients that it is normal to have veins on the feet and unless they are enlarged and there is involved skin changes over the top of the foot, I recommend that they be left alone. Otherwise, microphlebectomy is helpful.

Another option for those who are skinny and have minimal fat is to inject with radiesse or other fillers. I use Radiesse and it works very well for the hands and should be used selectively in the feet. Unless you are a foot model and make a living modeling your feet, I would leave these veins alone.

There are veins in the ankle areas which are very different that veins in the feet and ankle veins originate from perforator veins. Phlebologists should be agressive in treating these. This is a different topic altogether and should be thought of differently than veins on the top of the feet.

Buffalo General Surgeon

Fillers are available but have greater risks in the feet

+1

Generally the feet have greater concerns thant the hand due to a higher likelihood of venous and arterial disease. This is why the feet tend to develop ulcers and the hands do not.

If you are otherwise in excellent health, you could consider the fillers used for the hands. I have used both Radiesse as well as fat injections.

However I would recommend that you proceed with caution. Infections and complications are more likely in the lower extremities and more difficult to treat.

Another approach of which I am aware but do not perform is the use of slcerotherapy to make the veins less prominent or noticeable. By making the veins smaller or emimnating them, you may not notice them as much. Smaller veins may be eliminated with laser technology whereas larger veins may require injections or surgery. You should visit an individual with expertise in sclerotherapy who can use any of these methods rather than relying on one technique.

I hope this helps!

Veins and feet

+1

Fillers applied to the hands or feet has been something that practioners have begun using to mask skin thickness and fat loss common as we age. It is important to realize that this is an off label usage of these products and has not been approved by the FDA. An alternative is fat transfer.

Fat transfer for the hands has become increasingly popular in recent years. In my San Francisco area practice we perform this procedure and have noticed there has been interest in treating the feet as well. In the hands of an experienced practitioner, fat transfer to the feet should be able to produce the same results.

The key is finding someone with significant experience in these techniques. Fat transfer to hands and feet has unique challenges in comparison to fat transfer to other parts of the body. A board certified plastic surgeon is a good place to start.

In addition, fat transfer to the feet have additional risks and considerations. The feet typically have poorer circulation than the hands and are more dependent (hang below the heart) which can increase the chance of infection, swelling and recovery time. Also, feet can be more difficult to allow appropriate time to heal (think at least a few days of bedrest and leg elevation for several weeks). These concerns would be similar for injectables though the recovery time would be quicker.

Be careful when adding volume to your feet

+1

Certainly fillers are done for the top of hands to hide veins. Doctors have used fat injections, and products such as: hyaluronic acids such as Restylane and Juvederm, and Radiesse (these are not FDA approved uses for these products).

There is a concern that there will be more voluminous and long term swelling in the feet than in the hands and there may be a greater chance of infection.

If you are thinking of having this done, make certain that your doctor has done this many times in the feet otherwise, you can’t know what to expect as the results might be quite different than in the hands.

Furthermore, there might be trouble in wearing shoes for weeks after the filler is injected.

Microfat grafting is a good option

+1

Thinning of the subcutaneous tissue in the hands and feet leads to the appearance of the subcutaneous veins.

Different options exist:

Any vein manipulation in my mind is not a good idea since these veins has a value and could be of great value sometime in your life time.

The ideal procedure in my mind would be create the thin carpet of subcutaneous tissue with micro fat grafting .This is a safe and effective technique that achieved good results in the hand.

I hope that would be helpful.

Sclerotherapy is best option

+1

The standard and frequent treatment for this is sclerotherapy. Sclerotherapy is NOT used for the feet or ankle in patients with diabetes or a history of thrombophlebitis.

Web reference: http://www.drmarylupo.com

New Orleans Dermatologist