Ointment for Sensitive Skin Other Than Aquaphor?

Is there another ointment other than Aquaphor that can be used. I have very sensitive skin and am concerned that I will get a severe case of acne from Aquaphor.

Try aquaphor, but there are very good creams that are also very good to moisturize

+1

Thanks for your question.

Aquaphor is a great moisturizer and wound healer. It traps in the moisture in dry skin and eczema cases, and helps with wound healing for wounds. However, it can cause occlusive acne in some cases. If your skin is this acne prone, you can try aquaphor first to see what happens. Do it in a smaller area so that the effects are not generalized.

If you are not a fan of the greasiness, or if it really does cause acne for you, you can try some other moisturizing creams such as Cerave, Cetaphil, Aveeno, or Neutrogena. I would try the Cetaphil Facial Moisturizer with SPF 15 or 50 first.

Hope this helps!

Beverly Hills Dermatologist