Is Macrolane a Viable Alternative to Moderate Breast Augmentation Surgery?

I visited a web site that a doctor shows breast enhancement w/out surgery. He says 'Macrolane is the first hyaluronic acid product developed to naturally restore or adding volume to the body, providing instant, long-lasting results without invasive surgery and the associated downtime time or risks.' is this true?

Macrolane for breast augmentation - too good to be true

+2

If it sounds too good to be true it probably is. As of now there isn't a non-surgical substitute for breast augmentation. As breast augmentation is one of the most popular surgical procedures performed if there was a non-surgical challenger it would be on the front page of the New York Times.

Macrolane non surgical injectable filler for breast augmentation

+1

Macrolane is composed of hyaluronic acid and similar to Restylane or Juvederm but is available in large volume for non-surgical breast enlargment. IT is NOT currently approved for use in the USA. It is NOT painless and the results are temporary and NOT inexpensive. I don't currently see it playing any significant role for most women seeking breast enlargment

Macrolane for breast augmentation

+1

Macrolane is a hyaluronic acid product that is being used outside the United States. I saw one patient that had it innjected into her breasts. She complained about the firmness and the unnatural feel to her breasts after injection. I would not recommend it.

No non surgical alternative to breast augmentation.

+1

Hi.

Everybody wants to avoid surgery, of course.  But unfortunately there is no real way to enlarge your breasts other than good, surgical breast augmentation. Don't waste your money, and avoid needless risk.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

You get what you pay for

+1

Injection augmentation is a new proposition and my concern is that as soon as it becomes more common, is that you will have non-physicians and poorly trained physicians offering it. You need to be aware of possible changes in mammograms, exams, etc. in the future. My advice is to take care and only see a board-certified plastic surgeon for your care. I hope this helps.

Dr Edwards

Michael C. Edwards, MD, FACS

Macrolane is used for breast and buttock augmentation

+1

I have seen the video too. I have been thinking that this was a good idea and Qmed (the makers of Restylane) came up with it. The duration and costs are not clear to me at this time, but I imagine it will cost a bit under the cost of surgery and the duration will obviously be less than implants. It appears to be a walk in, walk out procedure done with fairly large bore trochars, but is rather painless with local anesthesia. I think that you can expect about 1 cup size improvement. I look forward to its approval.

Steven F. Weiner, MD