I had breast augmentation in August 2007 and had my right implant removed 5 months later. The cause of it was unknown at the time, but after months of my incision not healing, and numerous visits to doctors and countless cultures, an infectious disease specialist was able to pinpoint it to a particular staph infection. I was given antiobiotics which I took for 3-4 months.
My incision healed up in August and I've been given the green light for my redo in February. All doctors have recommended that I wait 6 months. Needless to say, I'm happy, yet fearful about getting my implant back in. Is it too early though? I certainly can wait if need be. Could I get another staph infection? I definitely do not want to repeat what I went through again. Is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening? Your advice and insight is greatly appreciated!